If there’s one thing that we’ve learned by being in business for more than a half-century, it’s that every customer is different. Thankfully, no matter what you want, you’re sure to find it here at Miller’s Jewelry.
In the 1940’s Gerald Miller bought Brightwood Jewelers which was located on the Eastside of Indianapolis. After he married Winifred Overman in 1944, she worked with him at the jewelry store. In the spring of 1949, the Miller’s sold the store and moved to the country where they farmed and Gerald did part-time watch repair. Gerald returned to the jewelry business in 1957 when he began working at Koob’s Jewelry Store. In February of 1959, Gerald and Winifred Miller bought Koob’s Jewelry Store from Harold and Ruth Koob. It was renamed to Miller’s Jewelry when they had the interior of the store remodeled. Both Gerald and Winifred worked in the store and were involved in the downtown business association of Greenfield. Throughout the years, their daughter and son-in-law, Betsy and Leonard Haines, joined the family business. In the early 1980’s Winifred retired from the business. Sherry Haines became the third generation to work in the family business in 1989. The business was located in the heart of downtown Greenfield until August of 1992, when a fire in the building next door forced them to relocate due to water damage. For a short time, the business moved one block down the street until a location became available in The Northgate Shopping Center. The store was located there until 2001, when they purchased and fully remodeled the CVS/National City Bank building at 60 West McClarnon Drive. Gerald retired in 2003, but was still a fixture in the business as he loved to stop in and visit with everyone. Leonard retired from the business in 2011, but still works on a very limited part-time basis. Betsy and Sherry still work in the store alongside a knowledgeable, friendly staff.
Miller's Jewelry, 60 W McClarnon Drive, Greenfield, IN 46140
Tel: 317-462-6365 • E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org